Jaggery is a traditional uncentrifuged sugar is a concentrated product of date, cane juice, or palm sap (see palm sugar) without separation of the molasses and can vary from golden brown to dark brown in colour. Jaggery is a concentrated product of date, cane juice, or palm sugar without separation of the molasses and crystals, and can vary from golden brown to dark brown in colour.
Jaggery, also called gurh, is used as an ingredient in sweet and savory dishes across India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka as well as in Afghanistan and Iran. For example, a pinch of it is sometimes added to sambar, rasam, and other staples. Jaggery is added to lentil soups (dāl) to add sweetness to balance the spicy, salty and sour components, particularly in Gujarati cuisine. Jaggery used extensively in South India to balance the heat of the spicy foods. It is also known to stir heat on the body, which causes sweating, a way for the body to cool down in the high summer heat.
Jaggery powder that is extensively used for preparing varied sweets and eatables. It is widely demanded in the market because of its medicinal properties. Jaggery powder is a rich source of iron and other required minerals salts.
Benefits of organic Jaggery over refined sugar:
- Organic jaggery contains trace minerals not found in sugar, such as potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, and calcium.
- Organic jaggery has a richer taste as compared to refined sugar.
- Organic jaggery is potent, a little goes a long way. Even a small piece of jaggery is deeply satisfying.
- Jaggery is a concentrated product of date, cane juice, or palm sugar without separation of the molasses and crystals, and can vary from golden brown to dark brown in colour.
- Prevents Constipation
- Good for Anemics
- Cleanses the liver
- Treats flu-like symptoms
- Increases immunity
- Reduce Premenstrual syndrome
Load ability: 20 to 24 MT in one 20 FT Container
Analysis of Exports of Jaggery Powder:
India exported jaggery slabs worth USD 93,524 with total quantity of 22,400. Canada is the largest buyer of jaggery slabs accounting for exports worth USD 53,328 followed by United States and United Kingdom which imported jaggery slabs worth USD 18,159 and USD 13,058 respectively.